Tiger Senior Apartments has earned 2012 National Green Building Standard (NGBS) Silver Certification!
Located in Paris, Illinois, the development provides 42 units of affordable housing for seniors within the renovated former Paris High School, originally constructed in 1909. As a historic building, achieving the sustainability goals and high standards of green features for the project that fit within the building’s historic framework often presented major challenges, as explored in this article.
Key green features at Tiger Senior Apartments include:
- Incorporation of new insulation at the exterior walls
- New energy-efficient windows
- All-electric equipment with no use of natural gas
- Low-flow water fixtures throughout
- 100% LED lighting
- Continuous bathroom exhaust fans tied into Energy Recovery Ventilators
- Enhanced sustainability through the reuse of the building itself and the reuse of a high level of low-emitting interior materials and finishes
WJW is proud to have been a team member on this healthy and sustainable project!