Heritage Woods of Newburgh achieves NGBS Certification!
Heritage Woods of Newburgh has earned 2012 National Green Building Standard (NGBS) Bronze Certification!
Managed by Gardant Management Solutions and located in Newburgh, Indiana, the three-story development features 120 individual studio and one-bedroom units along with a variety of amenities designed to promote dignity and independence for seniors of all financial means. Its numerous amenities include a dining room, café, activity spaces, a fully accessible fitness room, an on-site physical therapy suite, beauty salon, library, and game lounge. Indoor amenity spaces open up onto outdoor dining space, a front porch, and a walking path.
Key green building features include:
- Energy Star rated appliances used throughout the project
- Energy Star exhaust fans remove indoor air pollutants and supply residents with fresh air
- Energy efficient lighting
- Prefabricated floor and wall framing members for material efficiency
- Water-conserving faucets, showerheads and toilets
- Natural landscaping reduces the need for lawn irrigation
- Low-VOC interior paints, sealants, carpets, adhesives and wall-coverings along with non-solvent based and formaldehyde-free wood products, providing enhanced indoor air quality for persons with allergies, asthma and chemical sensitivities
Green building practices are integral to achieving the mission of Heritage Woods of Newburgh to create a healthy and desirable living environment for seniors of all income levels. WJW is proud to be a team member on this project, which has been designed for the benefit of residents, their families, staff and the community at large.