Marycrest Village achieves NGBS Gold Certification!
Marycrest Village renovation recently earned 2012 National Green Building Standard (NGBS) Gold Certification.
The project was a moderate rehabilitation of an existing three-story, 56-unit independent seniors affordable housing building in Joliet, IL, and was completed in November 2019. The project received tax credits from the Illinois Housing Development Authority (IHDA). Renovations included new finishes throughout the common areas and dwelling units, new plumbing fixtures throughout, new kitchens in the dwelling units, and a new one-story addition containing a new fitness room. The building also received new windows, siding and roofing, along with new walking paths, patio and planting beds.
Key green features include:
- New low-flow plumbing fixtures throughout
- A new high-efficiency hot water storage system
- Replacement of the existing windows with new, high thermal-value windows
- New LED lighting throughout
- New Energy Star appliances throughout
- New attic insulation
WJW is proud to have been a team member on this healthy and sustainable project.